Candidiasis Yeast Infection Solutions, Symptoms and Signs Part 2Written by admin on December 11th, 2010
If Candida gets into the bloodstream, the person may become sick with or without fever. If the infection spreads to the brain, they may have acute changes in mental function or behavior.
When to call the doctor
For healthy children and adults, if a medication is tried and fails, or symptoms become worse, consult your health care practitioner. All people with weakened immune systems should contact their health care practitioners with any new symptoms or infections.
* Various conditions can cause nonmenstrual vaginal discharge in women, such as gonorrhea, chlamydia, trichomoniasis, and bacterial vaginosis.
* If you are having abnormal vaginal discharge and are not sure whether you have a yeast infection, consult your health care practitioner.
* If yeast infections recur, see your doctor for a more thorough work-up. Candidiasis that recurs may be a symptom of a hidden disease such as diabetes, leukemia, or AIDS.
* Other symptoms such as bloody discharge, abdominal pain, fever, and increased urination also can indicate more serious problems, and you should seek medical help.
* Oral thrush needs a prescription medication and a prompt visit to the doctor. If children take no fluids for longer than 12 hours, contact your doctor. Any fever or prolonged problems with feeding also warrant a visit to a doctor.
* Diaper rash or other candidal infections on the skin can be treated with over-the-counter nystatin powders (Mycostatin, Nilstat, Nystat-Rx, Nystex, O-V Staticin) or antifungal creams and lotions.
* If the rash worsens at any time, or if the lesions do not clear in 1-2 weeks, call your doctor.
* Fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or the rash spreading to other parts of your body may be a sign of a more serious illness.
Marshall Islands, Majuro,
United Kingdom, London,
Cape Verde Praia
Oxnard California USA
City of Gosford, Australia,
City of Coffs Harbour Australia
355 Hukilike St. Ste 206 Kahului, HI, 96732 USA
email@example.com • 1-888-277-4980