Some of the questions you can ask your doctor are:
• What are the advantages or disadvantages of having the tests performed?
• What are my risks of getting prostate cancer?
• What do the tests cost?
• What are the tests that I should undergo?
• If my results do not appear normal what is the next step I should take?
• How often should I undergo tests to detect prostate cancer signs?
Many cases of prostate cancer cannot be detected until it spreads beyond the prostate because of the fact that there are no noticeable symptoms and signs in the early stages. Therefore it is important to undergo a prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test or a DRE – Digital Rectal examination. When the signs and symptoms do finally appear it depends on how far the cancer has already spread. Early prostate cancer signs include urinary symptoms which are also caused by prostate problems that are benign. Some additional prostate cancer signs are discomfort in the pelvic region and swelling in the legs.
City of Ryde Australia
Pueblo Colorado USA
Akron Ohio USA
City of Griffith, Australia,
Grenada St. George’s
San Francisco California USA